Sunday, October 18, 2009

Knitting Update

My first fleece to finished item project is finally nearing the end. It feels like I have been working on this project forever. I love the results though. I came to the end of the pattern and still had quite a bit of yarn left and really wanted to see all the colors I planned out so I've been adding to it. I've added an additional 20 rows so far and will probably add another 40 before it's all done.

S'mores Alpaca Revontuli Shawl

I started a new project this weekend because I wanted something mindless and quick to work on while I recovered from some medical stuff. I've had a pattern sitting on my desk for about two years now from one of those knitting pattern a day calendars back in 2007. It's called the Math Geek Scarf. Here's a link to my Ravelry project page. Well I finally picked it up this weekend and decided to give it a go. I found some funky yarn I had in my stash that I thought might be fun and started knitting. Let me tell you ... I have never knit a scarf so fast in my life. The pattern is great fun and the chunky yarn is making it a quick project. I took it to knitting group today and it was very popular.

No comments: