Wednesday, October 14, 2009

BFL it is!

Okay so even though some of my fellow Floridians think I'm a bit nuts, I ordered four pounds of natural colored BFL to spin for the Clasica Coat. I'm really excited about this project. It may very well take me an entire year to finish but at least I have goals right? :) I ordered the Extrafine Natural Dark BFL from the Copper Moose. It should be here on Monday. I can't wait to wrap myself in the yumminess. I may go around the house wearing some combed top for a few days. Then my family will really think i've lost it! :oP

In other news, my Fiber Arts Club started at the Blake School yesterday and it went really well. I think a good time was had by all and the students are really excited to get started on their first projects. One of my science students who joined the club came in to class today all excited because she knit her way home from school and was so surprised and excited at how fast the time passed. She usually gets impatient on the ride home and just wants to get there but now thinks she may appreciate the knitting time. I said "welcome to the world of knitting" and smiled. I think I have inspired another to knit and that my friends ... is good stuff.

No comments: