Monday, April 6, 2009

New Plan for Rocket Yarn

I'm sure you've noticed my lack of blogging and listing new items to the shop. I've been working on some new products and a new plan for Rocket Yarn. The recession seems to have people less likely to take a chance on purchasing online. However, Rocket Yarn goodies have been selling fabulously (is that a word?) at Hanks Yarn & Fiber and generally sell really well in person when buyers can put their hands on the fiber. Because of this I'm taking my shop in a slightly new direction. I will still have a presence on the web and the Etsy shop will still be active. I am adding a .com and will be going to shows throughout Florida and maybe some in Georgia and the surrounding area. I'm not going to give out all the details just yet but there are four of us working on a fiber collective and I'm really excited about the prospects.

1 comment:

Tessa said...

I think your plans sound really smart, and I wish you the best of luck! It's so tough to have a business in this economy, and I find myself having to rethink things constantly too. I hope things turn around soon!

I hear some fiber calling your name in my fiber closet... ;)