Saturday, April 18, 2009

My Latest Inspiration

I've been spending a lot of time outside lately. I just love growing things we can eat. In the past month I've planted three apple trees, a fig tree, a blueberry bush, muscadine grapes and then there is the garden. In the garden we have tomatoes, sweet potatoes, peas, corn, green beans, wax beans, lima beans, zipper peas, cream peas, watermelon, cantelope, cucumbers, butternut squash, pumpkin and okra. I also have three earth boxes that are planted with grape tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, red bell peppers and collard greens. I love this time of year when it warms up and we start spending so much time outside. There is something that is so satisfying about planting things and watching the green emerge. Maybe that's why my dye pot keeps coming out green. Either that or I was bitten by a leprechaun. :)

No comments: