Sunday, August 16, 2009

Florida Fiber In

Well it's official ... I am doing a demo at the Florida Fiber In this September. I was a little nervous about it when they first asked so I politely declined and said that I would let them know if I talked myself into it. It sounds like a fun thing to do but I've never actually dyed yarn or fiber in front of anyone but my family. I'm not sure why this makes me so nervous but it does. Well I've had quite a few requests to start teaching dyeing workshops and finally decided that this fall would be a good time for me to start doing so. I emailed the Fiber In folks and told them I would be willing if they would still have me. I'm the first demo of the day which I'm very happy about. I can go ahead and get it over with early and then relax for the rest of the day. Here is the info from the demo schedule:

Florida Fiber In Demonstration Schedule – Sat. 19th, 2009

9:00 – 9:45 – Two Sock Yarn Dyeing Methods – Celena Crews, Rocket Yarn, Lake City, FL

Come see Celena share how she creates yarn to "Dye" for! Two of her sock yarn dyeing methods will be demonstrated and she will explain her "method vs. colorway" system of dyeing yarn. Question and answer session about yarn and fiber dyeing after the demo so bring your questions.


No comments: