Thursday, December 4, 2008

Fun & Funky Sock Balls

Another new item for the shop. I came across the opportunity to buy several pounds of mill ends of my popular merino/nylon pencil roving. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to find something fun to do with them. Here's what I came up with ... from my listing on Etsy:

Something fun and funky for yourself or your favorite spinner. This listing is for a full 6 oz of spinning fiber. It is an 80/20 merino/nylon blend. This hand dyed spinning fiber is made from superwash merino nylon pencil roving mill ends. This fiber will make some really fun and funky machine washable sock yarn. Just pick up a ball, unroll it and separate the two halves and start spinning. No pre-drafting required. Randomly pick another ball, join and keep spinning.

I have one set up now (blue & purple) but the pictures didn't turn out so great. I'm going to change the bulb in my light box and take some more pics today. I also have a green & brown set to list and will be dyeing many more of these today.

No comments: