Monday, June 29, 2009

What I've Been Up to Lately ....

I dyed up several pounds of fiber this weekend. I played with some different colors than I usually use. I actually used both turquoise and yellow which I never do unless I'm mixing them into something else. I'm pretty happy with the results. I also dyed some 8 oz braids and then split them in two. This way I actually have several matching sets. I listed them together on Etsy so if a listing says there are two available they are actually a matching set.

Here is my first attempt at dyeing mohair. This is Texas Yearling Mohair Top and it is a blast to dye. I know some people love this fiber and others hate it with a passion. I just hope I am able to sell it because I want to order a lot more of it.





And here is a sampling of the Falkland Wool Top I dyed up. This fiber is very nice. It is next-to-the-skin soft but not quite as soft as Merino. It is great for felting too.





And then there was a wee bit of seawool pencil roving ...


2 comments:

Unknown said...

very pretty!

primdollie said...

beautiful colors!! they are all very pleasing esp since I am a GREEN person even the blues and such are fab!! very nicely done! hugs Linda